Sunday, January 22, 2012

pillow talk, mid-winter reveries January 22nd 2012

It's an Albrecht Dürer  Six Pillows kind of day here in Hell's Kitchen, this mid-Winter afternoon.




A moving song I've been listening to all afternoon
Fleet Foxes - Montezuma

"So now I am older than my mother and father
when they had their daughter
now what does that say about me


Oh how could I dream of such a selfless and true love
could I wash my hands of
just looking out for me?

Oh man what I used to be
Oh man oh my oh me
Oh man what I used to be
Oh man oh my oh me

In dearth or in excess 
both the slave and the empress
will return to the dirt, I guess, naked as when they came

i wonder if I'll see any faces above me
or just cracks in the ceiling
nobody else to blame?

Oh man what I used to be
Oh man oh my oh me
Oh man that I used to be
Oh man oh my oh me

Gold teeth and gold jewelry
every piece of your dowry
throw them into the tomb with me
bury them with my name

Unless i have someday
Ran my wandering mind away

Oh man what i used to be
Montezuma to Tripoli
Oh man oh my oh me"



Favorite video of the day, a bird lands on a singer mid-concert and he enjoys it a lot
Josh Williams - Mordecai



More about I Gusti Nyoman Lempad, that 116 year old man

More about the wonderful Lorne Blair, who created that film about  I Gusti Nyoman Lempad, one of the creators of the astounding film, Ring of Fire: An Indonesian Odyssey

I love the art by Lorne Blair's life partner, Sophia Anastasia, who I have not met but imagine we have many Bali friends in common

Love this video of hers, which reminds me of Escher's Three Worlds

Three Worlds by M. C. Escher

Okay on to various things around the world...



Archery - Fast Shooting (Murmansk)


It's Vihart again. I love how she looks into the heart of the ways things work in the universe...
Doodling in Math: Spirals, Fibonacci, and Being a Plant [Part 3 of 3]


Doodling in Math Class: Spirals, Fibonacci, and Being a Plant [2 of 3]


Doodling in Math: Spirals, Fibonacci, and Being a Plant [1 of 3]


Fearless Man Riding His Motorcycle On Top Of The Mountain


Most needles threaded with the mouth in one minute


Snow Kite Boarder Goes 200+ Feet High CRAZY!


SpiderRider


Dear reader, please be politically pro-active for cyber rights: Stop ACTA!
Acta explained



A fabulous archive of Historical Anatomies on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment