Monday, December 26, 2011

Boxing Day 2011

photo by Sweetmart


The San Francisco Chronicle's 

Best books of 2011: 

100 recommended books


So cool. Russian Berezka folk dancers look like they're floating.
Great old 1960 video. 
Stood in the Field.” The dance was performed by the women 
of the ensemble holding birch twigs in their hands, 
personifying the image of the Russian girl, her purity, 
beauty, and grace. 
Another one. After Busby Berkeley's heart.



One of my favorite holiday videos: 25 years of Christmas
Every year, our dad would tape us coming down the stairs. 
This is a compilation of all the videos I could find. 
Relatives and pets grow up and disappear, 
and new extended family members appear in their place.

along with

heh, love the "totally wildcats"



He's got 450 square feet, I have 350

of my all time fave songs
Like the beat beat beat of the tom-tom
When the jungle shadows fall
Like the tick tick tock of the stately clock
As it stands against the wall

Like the drip drip drip of the raindrops
When the summer shower is through
So a voice within me keeps repeating
You, you, you

Night and day, you are the one
Only you beneath the moon or under the sun
Whether near to me, or far
It's no matter darling where you are
I think of you
Day and night, night and day, why is it so

That this longing for you follows wherever I go
In the roaring traffic's boom
In the silence of my lonely room
I think of you
Day and night, night and day

Under the hide of me
There's an oh such a hungry yearning burning inside of me
And this torment won't be through
Until you let me spend my life making love to you
Day and night, night and day

by Cole Porter




An old postcard from a village outside Rome, Albano Laziale 
via valaamov_osel's live journal





During The Cold War, in 1977, the heads of Soviet USSR



From the YouTube comment: 
he whispers his secrets into the hole, and then covers it with mud. 
it's supposed to be a method to keep secrets as he once said to his
friend during dinner in singapore. In the Mood for Love - Final Sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment